Wyoming Investment in Nursing funds are available for students pursuing a certificate in Licensed Practical Nursing or Associates Degree in Nursing at a Wyoming community college or a Bachelors degree in Nursing from the University of Wyoming. The funding is available for a maximum of 2 years (four semesters) per student. Please see below for more information.
- Be a resident of the state of Wyoming or graduates of a Wyoming high school, and
- Accepted into a nursing education program at a Wyoming community college or the University of Wyoming, and
- Apply for federal financial assistance and any employer-based financial assistance for which the applicant may be eligible.
- If you qualify for the WyIN program, you may be eligible for a loan to pay the unmet need of attendance for a licensed practical nursing education program or a registered nursing education program leading to an associate's or baccalaureate degree.
- The loan shall not exceed the cost of attendance of the approved program, reduced by the amount of any Pell or other federal grant and any employer-based financial assistance received by the applicant.
- Contact the nursing department at one of the Wyoming community colleges or the University of Wyoming.
- Contact the Financial Aid office to begin the process of applying for federal financial aid as soon as possible. The FAFSA is used to determine the amount of WyIN assistance.
- Follow up with the financial aid office and Align® to ensure that all the proper paperwork has been completed.
- Call Align® to request proper paperwork at 1-877-322-5446 or 307-772-9019.
- A recipient of a WyIN loan may repay the loan without cash payment by working in Wyoming as a nurse or nurse educator. There are specific timelines for repayment to be met. For specifics on the tracking and updating of loan payback, contact Align®.
- Align® is the loan servicing agent for WyIN loans. To contact them directly please call 1-877-322-5446 or 307-772-9019 or email at WCCC@TheAlignTeam.org.