WY ADJUNCT PROFESSOR LOAN REPAYMENT PROGRAM (WAPLR)
The Wyoming Adjunct Professor Loan Repayment Program provides funds to assist public school teachers in attaining necessary qualifications to teach specific college level concurrent enrollment courses. Wyoming Statute 21-7-701
Who Qualifies for WAPLR?
- Be a Wyoming resident as defined in W.S. 22-1-102.
- Be employed by a Wyoming school district as a teacher defined by W.S. 21-7-102.
- Be certified by and in good standing with the Professional Teaching Standards Board, as required by W.S. 21-7-303.
- Be nominated by the employing Wyoming school district.
Steps to Apply
- The applicant should start by contacting their employing school district to determine if they can be nominated for this program.
- The applicant should also be in contact with the Wyoming community college that has agreed to issue credit for the concurrent courses that will be taught after the applicant becomes fully qualified.
- Once the applicant has been notified that they are approved for funding, they will need to contact Align® to ensure that all the paperwork has been completed to receive funds.
How much will WAPLR pay?
- Since the creation of the WAPLR program in 2013, funding and demand have fluctuated. The original appropriation for 2013/2014 was $100,000, rose to $160,000 for 2015/2016 and dropped to $95,000 for 2017/2018. The program was funded for 2019/2020 in the amount of $95,000. The application process will open in October 2018.
- There is no set dollar amount allocated to each applicant. The entire cost of the coursework needed to become fully qualified will be covered if an application is approved and funds are available.
- A recipient of a WAPLR loan may repay the loan without cash payment by teaching concurrent enrollment courses in a Wyoming school district for two years after becoming fully qualified. There are specific timelines for repayment to be met. For specifics on the tracking and updating of loan payback, contact Align®.
- Align® Corporation is the loan servicing agent for the WAPLR loans. To contact them directly, please call: 1-877-322-5446 or 307-772-9019
Funds have been exhausted, there will be no March 2020 applications.